Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery city, town and village has its memorial to war. Nowhere are these more eloquent than in Australia, generations of whose young men have enlisted to fight other people's battles - from Gallipoli and the Somme to Malaya and Vietnam. In THE GREAT WORLD, his finest vel yet, David Malouf gives a voice to that experience. But THE GREAT WORLD is more than a vel of war. Ranging over seventy years of Australian life, from Sydney's teeming King's Cross to the tranquil backwaters of the Hawkesbury River, it is a remarkable vel of self-kwledge and lost incence, of survival and witness.
- Author BiographyDavid Malouf is the author Dream Stuff ('These stories are pearls,' Spectator) and of acclaimed novels including The Great World (winner of the Commonwealth Writers' Prize) and Remembering Babylon (shortlisted for the Booker Prize and winner of the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award).
- PrizesWinner of The Commonwealth Writers Prize 1991.
- Author(s)David Malouf
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication20/05/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight240 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.61Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.26Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.