Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHistory's Greatest Headlines takes readers on a fascinating journey through forty of the most significant events in recorded history. From the suicide of Cleopatra ending 4000 years of Egyptian pharaoh rule to Marco Polo's wondrous journey along the silk road to the court of Kublai Khan, from the arrival of the First Fleet in Australia depositing a motley crew of convict colonisers to the bloodbath at Stalingrad during World War II which resulted in a staggering 1.5 million casualties-history's rich story is there to be told. Engaging and enthralling, and fully illustrated, History's Greatest Headlines brings together some of the biggest, most captivating stories the world has ever seen. Short, easily digestible chapters make this an ideal way to catch up on famous historical events, and illustrations and period photography enhance each story. History's Greatest Headlines is the perfect gift for amateur history buffs, students and anyone else seeking to understand the world we live in today.
- Author BiographyJames Inglis is an editor and writer and the author of Fighting Talk. Barry Stone is a writer and travel photographerwhosephotographs have been widely exhibited.He has been a long-time contributor of feature stories and travel pieces to some of Australia's largest daily newspapers.
- Author(s)Barry Stone,James Inglis
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Out-of-print date11/12/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width192 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.