All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionExperience all the thrills and dangers of hunting big game as told by writers who experienced them first-hand. Elephant. Bear. Moose. Rhiceros. Buffalo. Lion. Since prehistoric times man has hunted. An elemental part of life, seeking out and overpowering large, strong, and fast animals has been a pivotal part of human evolution. In later times, when hunting for food wasn't necessary, man still tracked down his prey. Following an instinct for adventure, for the thrill of defeating formidable opponents, man hunted. Now, for the forty million Americans who hunt, here is the perfect companion. The Greatest Hunting Stories Ever Told is a collection of true hunting tales, told by some of the most courageous and clever sportsmen. The quest for adventure has touched all these writers, who convey the drama, tension, stamina, and sheer thrill of tracking down game. Included here are the experiences of Teddy Roosevelt in The Wilderness Hunter, of Jack O'Conr in The Leopard, of J. C. Rickhoff in Wounded Lion in Kenya, of Frank C. Hibben in The Last Stand of a Wily Jaguar, and of John Pondoro Taylor in Buffalo, among others. Collected by a lifelong devotee of hunting literature, the stories here are classics. In more than two dozen selections, the true experiences of hunting a variety of animals are relayed by the most reliable eyewitnesses: the hunters themselves. A must for all hunters and armchair adventurers, The Greatest Hunting Stories Ever Told is a real trophy. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for hunters and firearms enthusiasts. We publish books about shotguns, rifles, handguns, target shooting, gun collecting, self-defense, archery, ammunition, knives, gunsmithing, gun repair, and wilderness survival. We publish books on deer hunting, big game hunting, small game hunting, wing shooting, turkey hunting, deer stands, duck blinds, bowhunting, wing shooting, hunting dogs, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyVin T. Sparano has been an outdoor editor and writer for more than fifty years. He is editor emeritus of Outdoor Life magazine, having served as editor in chief from 1990 to 1995, and previously as the executive editor for more than ten years. Sparano's work in the field includes numerous articles and syndicated feature writing for USA Today and Gannett newspapers. He has written and edited eighteen books, including Tales of Woods and Waters and Classic Hunting Tales. He is a former president of the New York Metropolitan Outdoor Press Association and a heritage member of the Professional Outdoor Media Association. Sparano lives in Waretown, New Jersey.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byVin T. Sparano
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.