All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does the zebra have stripes and the elephant a long trunk? How did the giraffe acquire a long neck and why does a hippopotamus lie in muddy water all day? How does an acacia tree kill grazing wild? Do wild animals speak to each other and do they have feelings? In The Greatest Safari, the reader is taken on an African adventure and told stories about the feelings, senses and communication of the savannah's many inhabitants. From sausage trees, cycads, termites and ants to lions, hyenas, bats and gorillas. This book deals with the mechanisms that propelled life. We humans have acquired the facility of feeling we are something special, and thus also the feeling that we constitute an evolutionary zenith. In contradiction to this, nature is indifferent and within its boundaries there is only one criterion for success, namely survival. What the brain can produce in terms of poetry and nuclear physics is beneath tice compared with the ability to survive. If we accept the prehistoric people Homo habilis and Homo erectus as the first human beings on Earth, bacteria are still thousands of times older and are currently the most successful organism.
- Author BiographySoren Rasmussen was born in Denmark in 1952 and holds a master degree in Molecular Biology and Conservation in Africa. He is founder and owner of Albatros Travel A/S, Albatros Safari in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa and Namibia; founder of Karen Blixen Camp in Kenya; owner of Honeyguide Safari Camps in Manyaleti (Kruger) and Entabeni, and a partner in Entabeni Nature Reserves and Legend Lodges SA. Soren is also founder of the Adventure Marathon concept with famous marathons such as The Big Five Marathon in South Africa and The Great Wall Marathon.
- Author(s)Mr. Soren Rasmussen
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note32pp colour photos
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.