Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn this comprehensive and gripping anthology, editors Robert Golla and Nicholas Kortsha collect the unabridged texts of 76 speeches delivered by 31 Allied military and political leaders - from Neville Chamberlain's address on the Nazi invasion of Poland in 1939 to Robert H. Jackson's opening statement at the Nuremberg Trial in 1945. The famous and rousing speeches in this volume encapsulate each year of combat and enable readers to follow the war in its unceasing progression from chaos to uncertainty to ultimate victory. Included are speeches by Winston Churchill, Franklin Dela Roosevelt, Charles de Gaulle, Josef Stalin, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Bernard Montgomery, Chiang Kai-shek, Paul Reynaud, Douglas MacArthur, Emmanuel Tsouderos, Pope Pius XII, Vyacheslav Molotov, George Patton, Jan Christian Smuts, King George VI, and Harry S. Truman. The Greatest Speeches of World War II preserves the best and most significant Allied speeches in a handsome, enduring volume, featuring authoritative texts.
- Author BiographyRobert Golla is the successful editor of a number of literary and history related publications, including Champions of Liberty, Conversations with Michael Crichton, and Conservative Wit. Nicholas Kortsha is a freelance editor who lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Nicholas Kortsha,Robert Golla
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.