All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionMystery surrounds the parentage of Alexander, the prince born to Queen Olympias. Is his father Philip, King of Macedonia, or Nectanebo, the mysterious sorcerer who seduced the queen by trickery? One thing is certain: the boy is destined to conquer the kwn world. He grows up to fulfil this prophecy, building a mighty empire that spans from Greece and Italy to Africa and Asia. Begun soon after the real Alexander's death and expanded in the centuries that followed, The Greek Alexander Myth depicts the life and adventures of one of history's greatest heroes - taming the horse Bucephalus, meeting the Amazons and his quest to defeat the King of Persia. Including such elements of fantasy as Alexander's ascent to heaven borne by eagles, this literary masterpiece brilliantly evokes a lost age of heroism.
- Author BiographyRichard Stoneman is an Oxford trained classicist with a thorough knowledge of ancient Greece, its language and history; he has also published many books on modern Greece and is familiar with the sources from the Middle Ages and the modern period. He is the author of A Literary Companion to Travel in Greece, A Traveller's History of Turkey, A luminous Land: Artists Discover Greece. He is a frequent visitor to Greece and gets withdrawal symptoms if he doesn't go to Athens at least once a year.
- Author(s)Richard Stoneman
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/1991
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight157 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.