All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Greeks has provided a concise yet wide-ranging introduction to the culture of ancient Greece. In this new and expanded third edition the best-selling volume offers a lucid survey that covers all the key elements of ancient Greek civilization from the age of Homer to the Hellenistic period. It provides detailed discussions of the main trends in literature and drama, philosophy, art and architecture, with generous reference to original sources, and places ancient Greek culture firmly in its political, social and historical context. The new edition has expanded coverage of the post-Classical period with major expansions in the areas of Hellenistic history, literature and philosophy. More emphasis is placed on the Greek world as a whole, especially on Sparta, and the focus on social history has been increased. The Greeks is an indispensable introduction for all students of Classics, and an invaluable guide for students of other disciplines who require grounding in Greek civilization.
- Author BiographyRobin Sowerby was Senior Lecturer in English Studies at the University of Stirling, Scotland. Trained as a classicist, his research interests centre upon the Classical tradition. He has written introductory studies of the major Classical epics and is author of Early Augustan Virgil (2010), The Augustan Art of Poetry (2006) and The Classical Legacy in Renaissance Poetry (1994).
- Author(s)Robin Sowerby
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePeoples of the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.