All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClare Mallory has a Victorian mourning locket with the photograph of a girl and a curl of her hair. When Clare loses the locket in a fortune-teller's tent her quest to find it draws her into a dark episode of the family's past and the true circumstances of the girl's untimely death at Danby Hall, her Norfolk home. The locket has been taken by the fortune-teller herself, sensing a troubled history and danger ahead. But her attempts to understand the warning signs release forces long held at bay. Events of the past seep into the present until the reappearance of a man who vanished from Danby Hall in 1887 threatens t only her life but Clare's too. 'It was lying on the rug with the chain curled round. It must have come off when the girl had grabbed her hat and basket and marched off with barely a word. As soon as she picked the thing up she had felt it and once she had prised it open there was doubt at all.'
- Author BiographyChristopher Bowden lives in south London. His two previous novels are The Red House, The Blue Book, and The Yellow Room, the first published in 2007.
- Author(s)Christopher Bowden
- PublisherLangton & Wood
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLangton & Wood
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.