The Green Home: A Decision Making Guide for Owners and Builders by Lynn Underwood (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does a green home look like? What are its characteristics, and how can you ensure that you meet the highest green standards within a given budget? The answers to these questions and more are found in The Green Home, a book dedicated to teaching builders and homeowners alike about environmentally-friendly residential construction. This highly practical resource explores the very latest construction techniques, materials, processes, and green practices that will reduce the environmental impact of the building itself. Coverage ranges from air sealing measures and energy efficient practices to water conservation and the usage of natural materials, with a special focus on complying with zoning ordinances and building codes. With thorough explanations of the many benefits of green building, this is the perfect nuts and bolts guide to environmentally-sound homes. Check out our app, DEWALT(R) Mobile Pro(TM). This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Author BiographyLynn Underwood is a building code official for the city of Norfolk, Virginia. He has worked in the building safety profession and in building code development for 31 years. A Master Code Professional and Certified Building Official, he is fully certified in all aspects of construction by the International Code Council and sits on four national code development committees. Over the past 13 years, he has participated in developing significant changes in the codes and regularly testifies at ICC code hearings for or against proposed code changes. He is currently serving a three year term on the Board of Directors with the International Code Council. A past-president of the Virginia Building and Code Official's Association, Lynn has written five books on construction and inspection. The most recent is entitled DEWALT(R) IRC Code Reference. Other books recently published are IRC Compliance for Builders and Inspectors; Your Green Home; Homebuilding, Debt-Free; and Common Code Problems (first and second editions). He participated in the rewriting of the Building Department Administration book published by the ICC. In addition, he was a contributing author for Healthy and Safe Homes, published by the American Public Health Association in 2010. He also writes regularly for several national magazines, including Building Safety Journal and Fine Homebuilding. A graduate engineer, Lynn is a former home builder and a Class A licensed contractor in Virginia. He teaches construction and building code classes at the Virginia Building Code Academy (Advanced Instructor), Eastern Shore Community College, and Tidewater Community College, and has developed extensive educational and training curricula for construction and inspection programs.
- Author(s)Lynn Underwood
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/2009
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width213 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.