All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's l980. A civil war is under way in El Salvador. The landless peasantry has been taken over by Soviet-backed Communists. They are savagely opposed by the Army and landowners, whose death squads kill at will. Neither side likes the American solution: a fairly elected moderate government which will undertake land reform. Both sides, however, would like to kill the CIA's Chief of Operations, Peter Ivorson. As if that weren't bad eugh, Ivorson is also caught in the middle of a spitting contest between his boss, the Chief of Station, and the U.S. Ambassador. In fact, about the only person in San Salavador who doesn't hate Ivorson is COS's secretary. She wants him to forget his wife. Ivorson keeps trying to do his job and stay alive, but sooner or later, even Ivorson may run out of luck.
- Author BiographyAlan Melton is a retired Foreign Service officer, who has spent over 40 years gathering material for his novels. His other novels are: The Champa Flowers - Ivorson in Laos; and The Libyan Bomb.
- Author(s)Alan Melton
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.61Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.26Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.62Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.