All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1973, this is the offbeat fable of a city mouse who visits his peaceful country cousins and tells them about Mardi Gras in the city. The country mice are inspired to have their own Mardi Gras. And at first, it is fun wearing their masks with sharp teeth and tusks and scaring each other, but after a while, they begin believing that they really are ferocious animals. Leo Lionni's winsome mice cavort across big double-page spreads of oil paintings and tell a story about what is real and what is t that is just right for preschoolers. Reissued in hardcover in 2003, it w makes its debut in Dragonfly paperback.
- Author BiographyLEO LIONNI wrote and illustrated more than 40 picture books, including four Caldecott Honor books I nch by Inch, Swimmy, Frederick, and Alexander the Wind-Up Mouse. He died in 1999 at the age of 89.
- Author(s)Leo Lionni
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication18/02/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDragonfly Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight91 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.64
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $9.29Trending at AU $11.26
- AU $7.44Trending at AU $13.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.