All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo other silent film director has been as extensively studied as D. W. Griffith. However, only a small group of his more than five hundred films has been the subject of a systematic analysis, and the vast majority of his other works still await proper examination. For the first time in film studies, the complete creative output of Griffith--from Professional Jealousy (1907) to The Struggle (1931)--will be explored in this multivolume collection of contributions from an international team of leading scholars in the field. Created as a companion to the ongoing retrospective held by the Pordene Silent Film Festival, the Griffith Project is an indispensable guide to the work of a crucial figure in the arts of the nineteenth century. The latest volume assesses Griffith's work in 1914-15. It includes an extensive, multi-authored evaluation of The Birth of a Nation.
- Author BiographyPaolo Cherchi Usai is Senior Curator of the Motion Picture Department at George Eastman House and Director of the L. Jeffrey Seiznick School of Film Preservation. He is the author of Burning Passions (bfi, 1994) which was published in a revised edition by the bfi in 2000, entitled Silent Cinema: An Introduction.
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication05/10/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThe Griffith Project
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Weight571 g
- Width235 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPaolo Cherchi Usai
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.