All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the unique and substantial contribution to reflection on conversion and Christian unity by the Groupe des Dombes, a Reformed-Lutheran-Catholic dialogue in French-speaking Europe. Catherine E. Clifford traces the development of the dialogue from its founding in 1937 by Abbe Paul Couturier and its contribution to ecumenical consensus on eucharist, ministry, sacraments, episcope, the papacy, and Marian doctrine and devotion. The theme of conversion grounds the ethos of the Groupe des Dombes, marked by a deep appreciation of the interdependence of common prayer, theological dialogue, and the promotion of ecclesial reform and renewal. The Groupe des Dombes' theological method, which leads to calls for the revision of both judgments of the past and of present theology and practice, suggests that the elaboration of ecumenical consensus, while significant, is but a first step toward the reconciliation of the churches. This is an important book for anyone engaged in ecumenical study and dialogue.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Catherine E. Clifford is Assistant Professor of Systematic Theology at Saint Paul University, Ottawa. She holds an S.T.L. from the University of Fribourg, Switzerland and a Ph.D. in theology from the University of St. Michael's College, Toronto. She has been a member of the Anglican-Roman Catholic Dialogue of Canada since 1993, and she has published articles in Theological Studies, Journal of Ecumenical Studies, One in Christ, and Laval theologique et philosophique.
- Author(s)Catherine E. Clifford
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number231
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.