The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders by Angela Barron McBride (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.43+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeverly Malone, PhD, RN, FAAN. Chief Executive Officer, National League for Nursing. Angela Barron McBride has a long and rewned history in nursing leadership and education. This book, which focuses on developing nurse leaders, carries on in the tradition of her previous successes, including The Growth and Development of Mothers-recognized as one of the best books of 1973 by both The New York Times and the American Journal of Nursing. From then to w, she has exerted leadership from many positions, which the American Academy of Nursing has celebrated by awarding her the status of Living Legend. This book draws on her extensive leadership experience as an internationally recognized nurse scholar and pragmatist to help all nurses develop their leadership abilities. The book's three sections address the major views of leadership that have occupied center stage in recent decades: leadership as personal; leadership as achieving organizational goals; and leadership as transformational. It references both literature and personal experiences that bring timely issues to focus, from career stages and mentoring needs, to developmental tasks by career trajectory, and more. Angela Barron McBride brings a practicality and insightfulness to the subject that will empower you when considering your leadership development, matter your specialty or career stage.
- Author BiographyAngela Barron McBride, PhD, RN, FAAN, is Distinguished Professor-University Dean Emerita at Indiana University School of Nursing. She is on the board of Indiana University Health, the largest hospital network in Indiana, and chairs the board's Committee on Quality and Patient Safety. She is known for her contributions to women's mental health. Dr. McBride served as president of Sigma Theta Tau International (1987-1989) during the building of the International Center for Nursing Scholarship, and of the American Academy of Nursing (1993-1995). Elected in 1995 to the Institute of Medicine, Dr. McBride was named a Living Legend by the American Academy of Nursing in 2006. She designs the annual leadership conference of the John A. Hartford Foundation's Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity Program, chairs the national advisory committee for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Nurse Faculty Scholar Program, and has written The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders.
- Author(s)Angela Barron McBride
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.