Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.50Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by editionsbooks12
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that Pizza Hut once spent millions of dollars trying to burn its logo onto the face of the moon? That the diamond engagement ring was a marketing gimmick invented by De Beers? That popes did celebrity endorsements? Advertising is everywhere. It surrounds and submerges us. Industry rule of thumb says we are exposed to 3000 commercial messages a day. THE GRUEN TRANSFER lifts the lid on the persuasion business, examining how advertising works and how it works on us. Fuelled by brilliant minds, cutting edge science, techlogical weaponry and a budget of $500 billion a year, advertising seeks to influence our purchases. Which leads to the question: when we reach for the detergent in the supermarket aisle, can we really be sure our thoughts are our own?
- Author(s)Jon Casimir
- PublisherABC Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintABC Books
- Out-of-print date21/11/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1292 g
- Width217 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.