All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA special, limited edition of The Gruffalo, the nation's favourite picture book. Fifteen years after it was first published, the award-winning story of a clever little mouse outwitting the creatures of the deep dark wood continues to delight children and adults the world over. Created by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, the most successful picture book partnership ever, and translated into over fifty languages, The Gruffalo is a genuine modern classic. Join in the Gruffalo's birthday celebrations with The Gruffalo 15th anniversary edition, which comes complete with exclusive bonus content, including early drawings from Axel's sketchbook, some of which have never been seen before, and a specially written foreword from Julia herself. Look out for The Gruffalo's Child tenth anniversary limited edition!
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's best-loved picture books, and was the 2011-2013 UK Children's Laureate. Her books include Room on the Broom, What the Ladybird Heard and the modern classic The Gruffalo, which has sold over 13.5 million copies worldwide and has been translated into over sixty languages. Julia also writes fiction as well as poems, plays and songs and her brilliant live children's shows are always in demand. Julia and her husband Malcolm divide their time between Sussex and Edinburgh. Axel Scheffler is a star illustrator whose instantly recognisable, warm and witty illustrations have achieved worldwide acclaim and numerous awards. In addition to his picture books, Axel is the illustrator of wonderful novelty and gift books for Macmillan, such as the bestselling The Bedtime Bear, The Tickle Book and Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes. He also illustrates the popular Pip and Posy series. Born in Hamburg, Axel now lives with his family in London.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight152 g
- Width216 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Axel Scheffler
- Edition Statement15th anniversary edition
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.