CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.50Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $9.26Trending at AU $12.51
- AU $72.37Trending at AU $75.46
About this product
- Description'The Grunt Factor' is the tale of a special pig who, having led a simple life on the end of a potato mash manufacturing production line, finds himself literally thrust headlong into the Intelligence Organisation during the Second World War. The story tells of his youth, having been brought up by his grandparents, his hopes of one day playing cricket for Yorkshire and the sad episode of having to leave his love behind. Being largely overstretched, the human element of the Armed Forces had choice but to pass all information gathering to the country's pigs, firstly with disastrous consequences, but then eventually, as time moved on, with ermous success. This book reveals t only how intelligent pigs can be, but more so, how very brave. One such pig undergoes rigid training in languages and lip reading. Furthermore, for the sake of Great Britain, our pig faces a medical operation which changes his life forever. He eventually returns home a national hero, but t before enduring a number of hair raising moments...
- Author BiographyBetween 1970 and 1990, Maurice Bird wrote comedy material for radio and television series and stage work. This, although done on a casual basis, was very successful and was performed by comedian Ken Dodd. This led to all kinds of creative writing including books and a pantomime.
- Author(s)Maurice Bird
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication05/07/2010
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date10/11/2015
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.