All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry and Michel live in the basement of a luxury apartment block, guarding its residents. Over the course of a weekend, the residents leave the block one by one - all apart from a man on floor 29. In the grey, airless motony of the basement, Harry and Michel stick to their posts. The world might be at war or plunged into nuclear winter; they may be the last inhabitants in the city. All they kw is that if they are vigilant, 'the organisation' will reward them: promotion to an elite cadre of security officers remains their shining goal, and their days are punctuated by vivid dreams of everything they are missing. But what if there were -one left to guard? And if the promised third officer arrives, how will he fit into Michel and Harry's studied routine of boredom and paraia?
- Author BiographyPeter Terrin represents a unique voice in contemporary literature, touching on universal and highly topical themes. He is considered by critics to be a literary maverick, a classic writer and a masterful stylist. He is also an avid collector of vintage typewriters. He won a European Literature Prize for The Guard, and the AKO Literatuurprijs for Post Mortem.
- PrizesWinner of European Union Prize for Literature 2010. Shortlisted for Libris Literatuur Prijs 2010.
- Author(s)Peter Terrin
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacLehose Press
- Weight174 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byDavid Colmer
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.