All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMemory makes us human. No other animal carries in its brain so many memories of such complexity r so regularly revisits those memories for happiness, safety, and the accomplishment of complex tasks. Human civilization continues because we are able to pass along memories from one person to ather, from one generation to the next. The Guardian of All Things is a sweeping scientific history that takes us on a 10,000-year-old journey replete with incredible ideas, inventions, and transformations. From cave drawings to oral histories to libraries to the internet, The Guardian of All Things is the history of how humans have relentlessly pursued new ways to preserve and manage memory, both within the human brain and as a series of inventions external to it. Michael S. Malone looks at the story of memory, both human and mechanical, and the historic turning points in that story that have t only changed our relationship to memory, but have also changed our human fabric.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL S. MALONE is one of the nation's best-known technology writers, his writing synonymous with the story of Silicon Valley. Malone spent nearly a decade as ABCNews.com's Silicon Insider columnist, and prior to that was a New York Times columnist and the host or producer of four public television series. Malone has also contributed numerous articles and editorials to The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, and Fortune, and was the editor of Forbes ASAP magazine. He has also authored and co-authored more than a dozen books, including such influential works as The Virtual Corporation, Bill & Dave, and The Future Arrived Yesterday. Malone holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, is an honorary fellow of the Said Business School at Oxford University, and is a Distinguished Friend of Oxford University. He is currently the co-founder of a new high-tech venture and an adjunct professor at Santa Clara University.
- Author(s)Michael S. Malone
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date17/05/2016
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.