All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.34Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWhen body kws what to do with a troubled, damaged kid, it's time to call Elizabeth Driscoll. A wary, vulnerable, unusually intuitive young woman, Libby has a knack for helping children that others have given up on. Certainly body kws what to do with Tommy Madden, least of all his fiercely devoted guardian, Seattle Police Detective J.D. McCammon. McCammon believes the autistic little boy witnessed a double murder: his mother and his father, the city's District Attorney. J.D. is determined to help and protect Tommy at all costs, and somehow, find a way to communicate with him. When Tommy's life is threatened by the corrupt organization that killed his parents, J.D. and Libby take him on a desperate and dangerous flight to safety. They must place their trust in one ather to escape a relentless evil that threatens t only their lives, but that of the child they've both come to love. On the run, Libby and J.D. are tested to the limits of their courage and resolve. They discover an intimate and mystifying bond that will either drive them apart, or become their greatest source of strength and passion.
- Author BiographyA Navy brat and graduate of the University of California, Santa Cruz, LORRIE FARRELLY is proud to be a Fightin' Banana Slug (well, okay, they're really lovers, not fighters). Following graduate school at Northwestern University, she began a career in education that included teaching art to 4th graders, drama to 8th graders, and finally, math to high school students (if anybody loses asymptotes, she can probably find 'em...). She's a three-time winner on Jeopardy! (despite forgetting the chemical symbol for sulfuric acid ... oh, wait - she never knew that in the first place), has shepherded wide-eyed foreign exchange students along Hollywood Blvd. ( As many stars and lunatics as there are in the Heavens ), and happily curried and shoveled as a ranch hand at Disneyland's Circle D Ranch. And always, she writes. Lorrie has won a Presidential Commendation for Excellence in Teaching Mathematics. She's been a Renaissance nominee for Teacher of the Year and a finalist for the Orange Rose Award in romantic fiction. She's never won the lottery, except where her family is concerned. For her, they're the ultimate prize.
- Author(s)Lorrie Farrelly
- Date of Publication30/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.