All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first computer simulation book for anyone designing or building a game Answering the growing demand for a book catered for those who design, develop, or use simulations and games this book teaches you exactly what you need to kw in order to understand the simulations you build or use all without having to earn ather degree. Organized into three parts, this informative book first defines computer simulations and describes how they are different from live-action and paper-based simulations. The second section builds upon the previous, with coverage of the technical details of simulations, a detailed description of how models are built, and an explanation of how those models are translated into simulations. Finally, the last section develops four examples that walk you through the process from model to finished and functional simulation, all of which are created using freely available software and all of which can be downloaded. * Targets anyone interested in learning about the inner workings of a simulation or game, but may t necessarily be a programmer or scientist * Offers technical details on what simulations are and how they are built without overwhelming you with intricate jargon * Breaks down simulation vs. modeling and traditional vs. computer simulations * Examines verification and validation and discusses simulation tools Whether you need to learn how simulations work or it's something you've always been curious about but couldn't find the right resource, look further. The Guide to Computer Simulations and Games is the ideal book for getting a solid understanding of this fascinating subject.
- Author BiographyKatrin Becker, PhD, is an adjunct professor at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia. She designed one of the first digital game-based learning courses and has won awards for commercial game design. J. R. Parker, PhD, is a professor at the University of Calgary and a multimedia and game expert. He authored Algorithms for Image Processing and Computer Vision, also published by Wiley.
- Author(s)J. R. Parker,K. Becker
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight808 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.