Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a guide to everything supernatural, pararmal, folkloric, eccentric and, above all, mysterious that has occurred on the dark waters of the enigmatic Loch Ness and the surrounding area of Inverness. Containing Celtic gods and martyrs, telepathy, exorcism and magic, mermaids, demons and saints (and based on texts both ancient and modern), it is a fascinating introduction to the heritage of the area.This is a guide that the armchair adventurer or the on-location visitor can revel in. Comprehensive entries covering Inverness' tombstones, simulacra, standing stones, gargoyles, ruins, churches and archaeological curiosities are complemented by more than 100 photographs. The book also includes tes and cross-references to enable the reader to follow up the sources.
- Author BiographyGeoff Holder is an award-winning television and video writer and producer. In 2004 he wrote and produced the popular six-part series Mysterious Scotland; he continues to write regularly on regional topics for the Scottish press. His previous books include Mysterious Perthshire (2006) and Mysterious Iona (2007).
- Author(s)Geoff Holder
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleMysterious Scotland
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapprox 100
- Weight410 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.