All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn August 1990, Saddam Hussein's Iraqi forces boldly invaded and occupied neighboring Kuwait. It was a move that shocked the world and threatened the interests of those countries, such as the USA and the nations of Europe, dependent on oil from the Middle East. The ensuing Gulf War signaled, for many, a new dawn in warfare: one based upon lethal techlogy, low casualties, and quick decisive victory. Incorporating the latest scholarship, William Thomas Allison provides a concise overview of the origins, key events and legacy of the first Gulf War, as well as the major issues and debates. Allison also examines the relevance of this war to other twentieth-century conflicts and the ongoing situation in the region.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM THOMAS ALLISON is professor of Military History at Georgia Southern University, USA.
- Author(s)William Thomas Allison
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/08/2012
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTwentieth Century Wars
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 maps, 7 black & white halftones
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.