Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionInfused with her apocalyptic vision of American spiritual collapse and the violence of sexuality, Lunch's uncompromising work has defied categorisation and been largely under-represented in mainstream media. The Gun is Loaded fills this gap, narrating her evolution from No Wave singer and performer, through art-house actor, to spoken word poet and celebrated author. Featuring prose, poems, lyrics and narrative alongside her own recent photography projects and a visually stunning collection of archive material, The Gun is Loaded is a provocative journey into the vision of one of America's most fearless and pioneering daughters.
- Author BiographyLydia Lunch is an American singer, poet, writer, and actress, a self-avowed 'confrontationalist'. Previous books include Paradoxia: A Predator's Diary (Creation Press, 1997) and Incriminating Evidence (Last Gasp, 1992). Lunch now lives in Barcelona and Los Angeles. Jack Sergeant is the author of several books on underground film, including Deathtripping: The Cinema of Transgression, Naked Lens: Beat Cinema and Cinema Contra Cinema, a collection of essays on alternative film. He is the editor of the journal Suture, and co-editor with Stephanie Watson of Lost Highways: An Illustrated History of the Road Movie.
- Author(s)Lydia Lunch
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication28/04/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDuncan McCorquodale
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.