All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Guns of Meeting Street reconstructs a series of murders from the early 1940s that rocked rural Edgefield County, South Carolina. Featuring a cast of unlikely antagonists - a prominent store owner, an elementary school teacher, and a law enforcement officer - the acts of revenge resulted in five murders and a trio of executions, including that of the first woman to be electrocuted in South Carolina. Dorn probes the longstanding feud between the Logues and the Timmermans to uncover this chilling plot of resentment, revenge, and murder. Dorn's careful research weaves together the oral history of family members affected by the shooting with court transcripts, prisoner confessions, and coroners' reports to produce a truly gripping account.
- Author BiographyA native of Bowman, South Carolina, T. Felder Dorn is dean emeritus of Kean University in Union, New Jersey, where he was an administrator and professor of chemistry for twenty-eight years. He is the author of The Tompkins School, 1925-1953: A Community Institution.
- Author(s)T. Felder Dorn
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Note35 illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.