All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward winning humorist Norm Cowie is a father, husband, speaker, businessman, ESPN addict ... and a guy. And as a guy, he wonders a lot...and , t just 'I wonder how she looks naked.' Though he does wonder that. He also wonders other stuff, so he put his thoughts together in a series of essays of what guys are like, what they like and what they think about ... during those rare moments they're thinking, that is. Some of these essays appeared in the Chicago Tribune and Cynic Magazine (including three of Cynic's 'Best Of' issues). His thoughts on Guys: Guys who kw how to use tools and, (gasp) read instruction manuals, are t really guys. Guys don't lie ... ever ... and , it's t a zit on my se, I was bitten by the rare winter mosquito. Guys watch beer commercials because we really need to kw if they were triple-hops brewed, t because there are scantily clad women prancing around. Bald guys are the most macho of the macho, with hormone levels jacking our manliness into the stratosphere. Why cleavage makes us forget ... what was I going to say? And other stuff: Why don't clouds, which weigh hundreds of thousands of pounds, fall on us (hint: they don't want to) Why do we add salt (a kind of rock) to water to soften it. Why do we buy air and water, two of the most common substances on earth. Why do we expect McDonalds and other places to let us use their restrooms ... for free... and we get mad if the restroom is dirty or they run out of Mc-toilet paper, which they give us for free. Norm's previous humor/fantasy books were The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy, The Next Adventures of Guy... more wackiness and Fang Face, his first young adult vampire/humor book. Reviewers compare them to books by Douglas Adams, Christopher Moore and Dave Barry.
- Author BiographyNorm Cowie is vice president of an electrical supply company, a frequent speaker at schools and other book events, a business lecturer and writes an award-winning humor/business column for which his bio is in Who's Who in America, an achievement that amazes his family to this day ( they think his primary occupation is drinking coffee). Visit Norm at www.normcowie.com.
- Author(s)Norm Cowie
- Date of Publication04/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.