All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to HDR, only three key ingredients are needed: hardware, software, and post-processing technique. Hardware is simple-there are only a few things you need to set up and shoot an HDR series. Software is vastly improved, making it easier for anyone to create an HDR image. The hard part is the post-processing technique. There are only two options: hours and hours of experimentation or The HDR Book. Featuring real-world interviews with passionate HDR photographers, this updated edition of the popular The HDR Book, by Rafael RC Concepcion, is more than a how-to and different from any other HDR book out there. While other books on HDR tend to lean toward the esoteric or formulaic, this book takes ather approach. It's a complete and total HDR workshop that teaches you the one thing that most other books miss- once you've tone mapped your image with HDR software, you're still t finished. Within the pages of this book, you'll find 10 projects-w updated!-shot with everything from a point-and-shoot to a 37-megapixel, medium-format camera. The projects are designed to show you how the subtle differences in each scenario (lighting, subject, environment, etc.) dictate the post-processing needed to achieve one of the many final looks covered. You'll learn t only the different tone map settings RC used, but you'll also learn the final steps taken in Photoshop to complete each image. Then, you'll recreate these looks your self using the exact same RAW files that RC used! Plus, you get four bonus images to play with and create your own look. The end result: a more intrinsic understanding of the nuances of HDR that will help you create the images you've always wanted. Best of all, The HDR Book is written using the three top HDR processing programs in the industry today: Photoshop's HDR Pro, Photomatix Pro, and HDR Efex Pro. No matter which program you use, you'll be able to follow along and create your own stunning looks in time.
- Author BiographyRafael RC Concepcion is an education and curriculum developer for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, and one of the Photoshop Guys. An award-winning photographer and Adobe Certified Instructor in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom, RC has over 14 years in the industry, designing sites and training thousands in technologies from Adobe and Microsoft. He has combined his photographic and Web experience to teach with wildlife photographer Moose Peterson at the You Can Do It, Too workshops, the Digital Landscape Workshop Series; and at the Voices That Matter Web Design Conference. RC writes for Photoshop User magazine, and is the author of Get Your Photography on the Web.
- Author(s)Rafael Concepcion
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width204 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.