All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by two experienced penetration testers the material presented discusses the basics of the OS X environment and its vulnerabilities. Including but limited to; application porting, virtualization utilization and offensive tactics at the kernel, OS and wireless level. This book provides a comprehensive in-depth guide to exploiting and compromising the OS X platform while offering the necessary defense and countermeasure techniques that can be used to stop hackers As a resource to the reader, the companion website will provide links from the authors, commentary and updates. * Provides relevant information including some of the latest OS X threats* Easily accessible to those without any prior OS X experience* Useful tips and strategies for exploiting and compromising OS X systems* Includes discussion of defensive and countermeasure applications and how to use them* Covers mobile IOS vulnerabilities
- Author BiographyRob Bathurst is currently a cyber security researcher and penetration tester focusing on reverse engineering. He has spent over a decade doing vulnerability assessments, programming, and network engineering for the government, military, and private industry. Since his first encounter with Apple DOS at a young age, his eventual mastery of the infuriating System 7, and witnessing the advent of OS X, he has always wanted to know the inner workings of the newest Cupertino magic boxes. Russ Rogers (CISSP, CISM, IAM, IEM, Hon. Sc.D.), author of the popular Hacking a Terror Network: The Silent Threat of Covert Channels (Syngress, ISBN: 978-1-928994-98-5), co-author of multiple books, including the best-selling Stealing the Network: How to Own a Continent (Syngress, ISBN: 978-1-931836-05-0) and Network Security Evaluation Using the NSA IEM (Syngress, ISBN: 978-1-59749-035-1), and former editor-in-chief of The Security Journal, is currently a penetration tester for a federal agency and the co-founder and chief executive officer of Peak Security, Inc., a veteran-owned small business based in Colorado Springs, CO. Russ has been involved in information technology since 1980 and has spent the past 20 years working as both an IT and InfoSec consultant. Russ has worked with the U.S. Air Force (USAF), National Security Agency (NSA), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and other federal agencies. He is a globally renowned security expert, speaker, and author who has presented at conferences around the world in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Singapore, S o Paulo, Abu Dhabi, and cities all over the United States. Russ has an honorary doctorate of science in information technology from the University of Advancing Technology, a master's degree in computer systems management from the University of Maryland, a bachelor of science degree in computer information systems from the University of Maryland, and an associate's degree in applied communications technology from the Community College of the Air Force. He is a member of ISSA and (ISC)2 (CISSP). Russ also teaches at and fills the role of professor of network security for the University of Advancing Technology (www.uat.edu). Alijohn Ghassemlouei is a Cyber Security Specialist and Certified Ethical Hacker. In his current position he administers networks Linux/Unix/OS systems in a penetration testing lab, and performs penetration testing attacking a diverse range of classified and unclassified hosts and operating systems. In addition he presents technical demonstrations and briefings to U.S. congressmen, top-level DOE officials, and DOE security conference attendees. As a Black Hat Conference Volunteer he coordinates tasks and delegates responsibilities.
- Author(s)Alijohn Ghassemlouei,Robert Bathurst,Russ Rogers
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight590 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.