All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was October 8, 1989. Richard Propes was sitting in his wheelchair in downtown Indianapolis with $20 in his pocket and a backpack on his wheelchair preparing to embark on an event he called The Tenderness Tour, a 41-day, 1086 mile wheelchair tour around the state of Indiana. The Hallelujah Life is the inspirational story of Richard's lifelong journey of hope and healing expressed through nearly 25 years traveling the roads of the United States in an effort to help others break the cycle of abuse and violence in their own lives. A paraplegic/double amputee born with spina bifida, Richard shares through his poetry, reflections and short stories a life journey both heartbreaking and awe-inspiring.
- Author BiographyIn 1989, a homeless and hopeless Richard Propes, a paraplegic/double amputee with spina bifida, set out in his wheelchair from downtown Indianapolis on his first Tenderness Tour, an effort to bring awareness to child abuse issues. That first trip turned into a 41-day, 1086 mile journey that changed his life and has continued to inspire thousands from around the U.S. Since 1989, Richard Propes has traveled over 3,000 miles by wheelchair raising awareness on child abuse, domestic violence and other family violence issues with a specific focus on how they impact children. He is the founder/director of the Tenderness Tour, an Indiana-based organization committed to establishing A Peaceful Home for Every Child. with 100% of funds received on road tours donated to children's organizations worldwide. The Tenderness Tour is the only all-volunteer organization to distribute funds in every nation of the world. He is the founder/artistic director for Heart n' Sole Film Festival, Indiana's first cause-oriented film festival dedicated to finding creative ways to address social justice issues and the founder/publisher for The Independent Critic, www.theindependentcritic.com, a film website devoted to a unique blend of movie reviews and social outreach. Along with his film criticism, Propes is the author of two books, Imaginary Crimes and The Secret Heart and The Gimp Goes Shopping: Wheel Adventures in the Real World, an irreverent blog celebrating the disabled consumer. Propes is also the author of four produced plays, most notably his one-man show Casanova Walks. Additionally, Propes is a member of the Indiana Film Journalists Association. Richard is a licensed Church of the Brethren minister and a board certified expert in traumatic stress. Richard's next book, Touch Can be a Loving Experience, will be released in 2013. Richard is widowed and resides in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Author(s)Richard D Propes
- PublisherHeart N' Sole Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeart N' Sole Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.