All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionOnce a god . . . always a god! It took place more than a thousand years ago...the Twilight of the Gods and the destruction of Asgard, home of Thor and Odin. But a sculptor named Vidar still remembers that horrific time. He is an immortal, a bastard son of Odin, and one of the few Aesir to survive the Twilight. Weary of the war-loving ways of his kind, he has forsaken Asgard for Earth, traveling from land to land and guarding the Horn of Death that once protected the gates of his home. Now, after centuries in this world, Vidar hears the anguished cry of a kinsman. Asgard has been rebuilt, but a terrifying new enemy wearing Odin's war-mask has stolen Thor's hammer-and is planning a holocaust to consume t only the gods' home but Earth as well. Vidar kws he has choice but to return to Asgard-and take the Horn of Hell with him.
- Author BiographyMichael Jan Friedman is the author of nearly 70 books of fiction and non-fiction, about half of them set somewhere in the wilds of the Star Trek universe. He has also written for the Aliens, Predator, Wolf Man, Lois and Clark, DC Super Hero, Marvel Super Hero, and Wishbone licensed book universes. Eleven of his book titles, including the autobiography Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Ghost Hunting (written with SciFi's Ghost Hunters), have appeared on the prestigious New York Times primary bestseller list, and his novel adaptation of the Batman & Robin movie was for a time the #1 bestselling book in Poland (really). Friedman has worked at one time or another in network and cable television, radio, business magazines, and the comic book industry, in the process producing scripts for nearly 180 comic stories. Among his comic book credits are the Darkstars ongoing series from DC Comics, which he created with artist Larry Stroman, and the Outlaws limited series, which he created with artist Luke McDonnell, as well as tales of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Fantastic Four, and the Silver Surfer. He also co-wrote the story for the acclaimed second season Star Trek: Voyager episode Resistance, which guest starred Joel Grey. In 2010, Friedman co-founded Crazy 8 Press, an independent publishing venture. His Fight The Gods, a contemporary fantasy based on Greek mythology, was one of Crazy 8 Press's first titles. Most recently, Friedman has teamed up with longtime collaborators and friends Peter David and Bob Greenberger on various creative projects, including books, e-books, and comics, in support of the 2013 science fiction film After Earth. The Friedmans live on Long Island, New York.
- Author(s)Michael Jan Friedman
- Date of Publication05/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.