All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAllowing the user to inflict damage on his opponent within throwing range without leaving cover, the portable, lethally efficient hand grenade is a ubiquitous weapon of modern warfare, and has w found its way into law-enforcement arsenals too. Featuring specially commissioned full-colour artwork and an array of revealing photographs of grenades in use and in close-up, this engaging study explores and assesses the origins, development, combat use, and lasting legacy of the formidable military hand grenade.
- Author BiographyGordon L. Rottman served in the 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam in 1969-70 and subsequently in airborne infantry, long-range patrol, and intelligence assignments until retiring after 26 years. Johnny Shumate works as a freelance illustrator living in Nashville, Tennessee. Most of his work is rendered in Adobe Photoshop using a Cintiq monitor. His greatest influences are Angus McBride, Don Troiani, and Edouard Detaille.
- Author(s)Gordon L. Rottman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/02/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWeapon
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note30 b/w; 34 col
- Weight265 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Johnny Shumate,Alan Gilliland
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.