The Handbook of Bilingualism and Multilingualism by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $264.38+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- Description**Hored as a 2013 Choice Outstanding Academic Title** Comprising state-of-the-art research, this substantially expanded and revised Handbook discusses the latest global and interdisciplinary issues across bilingualism and multilingualism. * Includes the addition of ten new authors to the contributor team, and coverage of seven new topics ranging from global media to heritage language learning * Provides extensively revised coverage of bilingual and multilingual communities, polyglot aphasia, creolization, indigenization, linguistic ecology and endangered languages, multilingualism, and forensic linguistics * Brings together a global team of internationally-rewned researchers from different disciplines * Covers a wide variety of topics, ranging from neuro- and psycho-linguistic research to studies of media and psychological counseling * Assesses the latest issues in worldwide linguistics, including the phemena and the conceptualization of 'hyperglobalization', and emphasizes geographical centers of global conflict and commerce
- Author BiographyTej K. Bhatia is Professor of Linguistics and Director of South Asian Languages at Syracuse University. He is a recipient of the Chancellor s Citation Award for excellence in research. He has published a number of books, articles and book chapters in the areas of bilingualism, multiculturalism, media discourse, socio- and psycho-linguistics, and the structure and typology of English and South Asian languages. Publications include Colloquial Urdu: The Complete Course for Beginners (2000), Colloquial Hindi: The Complete Course for Beginners, 2nd Edition (2007), Advertising and Marketing in Rural India, 2nd Edition (2007), and The New Handbook of Second Language Acquisition (co-edited with William C. Ritchie, 2009). William C. Ritchie is Associate Professor of Linguistics at Syracuse University, where he teaches courses in general linguistics and second-language acquisition. His publications include an edited volume entitled Second Language Acquisition Research: Issues and Implications (1978). He has co-edited four handbooks with Tej K. Bhatia, including Handbook of Child Language Acquisition (1999).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- Series TitleBlackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1796 g
- Width172 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byTej K. Bhatia,William C. Ritchie
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.