All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Business Discourse is the most comprehensive overview of the field to date. It offers an accessible and authoritative introduction to a range of historical, disciplinary, methodological and cultural perspectives on business discourse and addresses many of the pressing issues facing a growing, varied and increasingly international field of research. The collection also illustrates some of the challenges of defining and delimiting a relatively recent and eclectic field of studies, including debates on the very definition of 'business discourse'. Part One includes chapters on the origins, advances and features of business discourse in Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. Part Two covers methodological approaches such as mediated communication, corpus linguistics, organisational discourse, multimodality, race and management communication, and rhetorical analysis. Part Three moves on to look at disciplinary perspectives such as sociology, pragmatics, gender studies, intercultural communication, linguistic anthropology and business communication. Part Four looks at cultural perspectives across a range of geographical areas including Spain, Brazil, Japan, Korea, China and Vietnam. The concluding section reflects on future developments in Europe, North America and Asia. Key Features: *Consists of newly commissioned chapters, authored by a vibrant group of internationally-kwn experts and emerging younger scholars, representing more than twenty countries. * Individual chapters aim to offer breadth, depth and, where appropriate, illustrative analytical examples, and can be read as self-contained, mini-introductions to each topic. *A valuable resource for students, researchers, teachers and trainers looking for a research-based, wide-ranging introduction to business discourse in a single volume.
- Author BiographyFrancesca Bargiela-Chiappini has published widely on business discourse. She is currently working as an independent researcher.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note3 black & white line drawings, 1 black & white illustrations
- Weight1037 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFrancesca Bargiela-Chiappini
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.