The Handbook of Competency Mapping: Understanding, Designing and Implementing Competency Models in Organizations by Seema Sanghi (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this bestselling book is designed to help human resource managers and professionals understand, develop, manage and map competencies within their organizations. Using a highly accessible framework and structure, this reader-friendly book tackles key issues that include: - Understanding and developing competencies - Integrating the competency framework within the HR system of an organization - Implementing and mapping competencies in an assessment centre - Reviewing the plethora of application-based experiences and existing models - Effectively managing the consequent changes in the organization. In this edition, the author has expanded several chapters to provide a greater understanding of business strategies, environmental imperatives and the changing role of HR as a strategic partner. The book includes more case studies, live examples and models offering invaluable insight to users in order to develop customized models of competency mapping for their organizations.
- Author BiographySeema Sanghi is Managing Director at Styrax Consultants, a firm set up by her in the human resource solution space, which is focused on developing processes and people. It offers consul-tancy in competency mapping, assessment centre, psychometric testing and development, assessment tool development, training and development, mentoring and coaching and HR processes and interventions. She was formerly Director at FORE School of Management She received the Mother Teresa Award in 2003 and the Excellence in Education Award in 2004. She has been a recipient of three gold medals and national scholarships for academic excel--lence. Books authored by her include Towards Personal Excellence (also available in Chinese), Organizational Behaviour and Essentials of Organizational Behaviour (co-authored with Stephen Robbins and Timothy Judge) and Institutional Governance. Her co-authored book Organizational Behaviour was highly appreci--ated by His Excellency Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, then President of India. Human Resource Management, authored by her, received ISTD Book Award from the Indian Society of Training and Development (ISTD), Ministry of HRD. She has over 100 psy-chometric tests, research papers and articles published in national and international journals and magazines. She has been an international consultant to UNDP for developing competency framework and assessment centre design for Public Service Commission. She has been associated with development of selection tests for central government and several state governments in India. She has assessed and trained several thousand professionals on competency mapping and assessment centre. She has trained numerous executives and offered consultancy across various sectors in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Saudi Arabia Her interests are in the area of competency mapping, assess--ment centre, tool development, psychometric testing, mentoring, coaching, cross-culture issues, ethics and motivational complexities related to environmental issues. Her hobbies include oil painting and interior designing.
- Author(s)Seema Sanghi
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.