All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe application of evidence-based veterinary medicine (EBVM) can assist in improving and optimising the diagsis, progsis, control, treatment and ultimately the welfare of animals. It can also provide the user with a methodology for appropriate, patient orientated life-long, self-directed, learning. To practise evidence-based veterinary medicine we require a range of skills that we may t have. This book explains what evidence-based veterinary medicine is and shows how it can be applied to veterinary practice to improve the quality of care for patients and provide informed choices for owners.It provides the reader with a toolkit of skills necessary to practise evidence-based veterinary medicine. The authors explain how to: transform information needs into a series of clinical questions that can be answered; search for best available external evidence; critically appraise the evidence for its validity and importance; apply the results in clinical practice; understand the process of diagsis and use of clinical diagstic decision support systems; and, perform a decision analysis. This book is aimed at practitioners but will be of interest to veterinary surgeons at any stage of their training or career wishing to learn about EBVM. The authors are responsible for devising and teaching an EBVM course at the veterinary school at Cambridge.
- Author BiographyThe authors are responsible for devising and teaching an EBVM course at the veterinary school at Cambridge. Dr Peter Cockcroft, Clinical lecturer, Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge. Dr Mark Holmes, Senior lecturer in Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Mark Holmes,Peter D. Cockcroft
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2003
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note25
- Weight496 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.