All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUser research is global - yet despite its pervasiveness, practitioners are t all well equipped to work globally. What may have worked in Nigeria may t be accepted in Russia, may be done differently in Brazil, may partly work in China, and may completely fail in Kuwait. And what often goes less ticed, but can be equally vexing are technical, logistical and planning issues such as hiring qualified translators, payment procedures, travel issues, setting up facilities and finding test participants. The Handbook of Global User Research is the first book to focus on global user research. The book collects insight from UX professionals from nine countries and, following a typical project timeline, presents practical insights into the preparation, fieldwork, analysis and reporting, and overall project management for global user research projects. Any user experience professional that works on global projects - including those new to the field, UX veterans who need information on this expanding aspect of user research, and students - will need this book to do their job effectively. It presents the definitive collection of hard won lessons from user research professionals around the world. It includes real-world examples of global user research challenges and provides approaches to these issues, and contains anecdotes and hard-won from the field that illustrate actionable tactics for practitioners.
- Author BiographyRobert Schumacher, Ph.D., User Centric, Inc. Managing Director Robert M. Schumacher is Managing Director at User Centric, Inc., a leading global user research firm, and CEO of User Experience Ltd., the first foreign-owned user research firm in Beijing, China. He was one of the driving forces behind the formation of the User Experience Alliance. He speaks frequently on user experience and user research at national and international conferences, holds several patents, and has written dozens of professional and academic papers. In 20 years of professional experience, Bob has held technical and management positions in the telecommunications industry in human factors, new product development, and project management.
- Author(s)Robert Schumacher
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication16/11/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight576 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.