All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1970s, many engineering disciplines have relied extensively on graph theory as a primary tool for analysis and design. The Handbook of Graph Algorithms, Volume 1: Theory and Optimization provides comprehensive coverage of basic concepts and recent developments in the field. Focusing on design, proof of correctness, and complexity analysis, this volume presents a detailed discussion of algorithms that are useful in a variety of applications and provides an authoritative review of the current state of the art. Using figures to help illustrate the concepts, the book examines topics such as incremental algorithms and online algorithms that have yet to receive much attention but have great potential for future applications.
- Author BiographyEditor-in-Chief Krishnaiyan KT Thulasiraman is a professor and Hitachi Chair in Computer Science at the University of Oklahoma and a professor emeritus in electrical and computer engineering at Concordia University in Montreal. He is a fellow of the IEEE, AAAS, and the European Academy of Sciences. Dr. Thulasiraman has received several honors, including the Distinguished Alumnus Award of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Charles Desoer Technical Achievement Award, and IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Golden Jubilee Medal. He is the coauthor of two graduate-level textbooks on graphs, electrical networks, and algorithms. His research interests include graph theory, combinatorial optimization, and related algorithmic issues with a specific focus on applications in electrical and computer engineering and network science. Editors Subramanian Arumugam is a senior professor and director of the National Centre for Advanced Research in Discrete Mathematics at Kalasalingam University. He is also a visiting professor at Liverpool Hope University and an adjunct professor at Ball State University. Dr. Arumugam is the founding editor-in-chief of AKCE International Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics and author of 32 books and 195 journal papers. His current research interests include graph theory and its applications. Andreas Brandstadt retired as a professor in computer science from the University of Rostock after 20 years. Dr. Brandstadt has published extensively in various international journals and conference proceedings. He is also the author of a textbook and coauthor of a widely cited monograph. His research interests include stochastics, complexity theory, formal languages, graph algorithms, graph theory, combinatorial optimization, and related algorithmic issues with a specific focus on efficient algorithms based on graph structure and graph classes with tree structure. Takao Nishizeki is a professor emeritus at Tohoku University. He is a fellow of the ACM, IEEE, IEICE of Japan, Information Processing Society of Japan, and Bangladesh Academy of Sciences. Dr. Nishizeki has received several honors, including the Science and Technology Prize of the Japanese Ministry of Education, IEICE Achievement Award, ICF Best Research Award, Funai Information Science Promotion Award, TELECOM Technology Award, and many awards for best paper. His research interests include algorithms for planar graphs, edge coloring, network flows, VLSI routing, graph drawing, and cryptology.
- Author(s)Guoliang Xue,Krishnaiyan Thulasiraman,Krishnaiyan Thulasiraman Thulasiraman,Tako Nishizeki
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computer & Information Science Series
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Inc
- Content Note345 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight3175 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byAndreas Brandstadt,Krishnaiyan Thulasiraman,Subramanian Arumugam,Tako Nishizeki
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.