All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Intergroup Communication brings together research, theory and application on traditional as well as innovative intergroup situations, exploring the communication aspect of these groups. The volume is organized into four domains - cross-disciplinary approaches to intergroup study; types/processes of communication between groups; communication between specific group types; and arenas in which intergroup communication takes place. Editor Howard Giles worked with an internationally-based advisory board to develop and review content, and the contributors included here represent those scholars doing innovative and well-regarded work around the globe. The intergroup umbrella integrates and transcends many traditional conceptual boundaries in communication (including media, health, intercultural, organizational); hence the Handbook will appeal to scholars and graduate students not only in the core area of intergroup communication itself, but across varying terrains of study in communication and beyond, including intergroup relations and social psychology.
- Author BiographyHoward (Howie) Giles is Professor of Communication at the University of California at Santa Barbara. He has served as Chair of the Communication Department and as the Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Studies in the College of Letters and Science. Prior to UCSB he was Chair of Social Psychology and Head of Psychology at Bristol University. His research interests revolve around the study of intergroup communication in different domains (interethnic, gay-straight, between-gender, physically challenged-ablebodied people), and his current interests focus on intergenerational communication and lifespan aging from a cross-cultural perspective.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleICA Handbook Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight344 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHoward Giles
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.