All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does the brain represent number and make mathematical calculations? What underlies the development of numerical and mathematical abilities? What factors affect the learning of numerical concepts and skills? What are the biological bases of number kwledge? Do humans and other animals share similar numerical representations and processes? What underlies numerical and mathematical disabilities and disorders, and what is the progsis for rehabilitation? These questions are the domain of mathematical cognition, the field of research concerned with the cognitive and neurological processes that underlie numerical and mathematical abilities. The Handbook of Mathematical Cognition is a collection of 27 essays by leading researchers that provides a comprehensive review of this important research field.
- Author BiographyJamie I. D. Campbell is a Professor of Psychology at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. He earned a B.A. in Psychology from Queen's University in Kingston and a Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo. He has published numerous scientific articles in the area of mathematical cognition and previously edited The Nature and Origins of Mathematical Skills in 1992.
- Author(s)Jamie I. D. Campbell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones
- Weight1088 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.