All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Second Language Acquisition presents an integrated discussion of key, and sometimes controversial, issues in second language acquisition research. The book discusses the biological and cognitive underpinnings of SLA, mechanisms, processes, and constraints on SLA, the level of ultimate attainment, research methods, and the status of SLA as a cognitive science. It includes contributions from twenty-seven of the world's leading scholars; and, provides an invaluable resource for all students and scholars of human cognition, including those in linguistics, psychology, applied linguistics, ESL, foreign languages, and cognitive science.
- Author BiographyCatherine J. Doughty is Associate Research Director for SLA at the Center for the Advanced Study of Language at the University of Maryland. Michael H. Long is Professor of SLA and Director of the School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of Maryland.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/03/2005
- Series TitleBlackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number37
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note37 illustrations
- Weight1560 g
- Width172 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byCatherine J. Doughty,Michael H. Long
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.