All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few people whose lives are unaffected by marriage breakdown. Yet how many are well informed about the divorce process and/or appreciate the wide powers the court has to redistribute property and income after divorce? Those who act without the benefit of specialist legal advice can risk impoverishing themselves and their families by accepting less than the court may award them or offering more than the court would order them to give. The Handbook of Separation and Divorce is principally concerned with the financial consequences of marriage breakdown in England and Wales. It suggests what should be done when a marriage is in difficulty and ensures that advice is obtained from a solicitor who is a specialist. It recognises that everyone who separates or divorces will be the poorer and recommends that where appropriate those who can face mediation should undertake it while at the same time ensuring they can get independent legal advice. The Handbook of Separation and Divorce will be essential reading for social workers and health professionals as well as the general reader and those going through, or considering, divorce or separation.
- Author BiographyWendy Mantle is a solicitor specialising in family law. she is a member of the Solicitors Family Law Association and a mediator with the Family Mediators Association.
- Author(s)Wendy Mantle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteforms
- Weight453 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.