All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great Financial Crisis that began in 2007-2008 reminds us with devastating force that financial instability and crises are endemic to capitalist ecomies that lack powerful and dynamically changing financial regulations that can keep the powerful forces of leverage and credit within sustainable bounds. Ecomists from Marx to Keynes, and Minsky to Kindleberger have well understood this profoundly important fact, yet the dominant mainstream ecomics of rational expectations , efficient markets and laissez-faire that rationalized widespread financial liberalization and still dominates the ecomics profession has gotten it, literally, dead wrong . This Handbook of The Political Ecomy of Financial Crises describes the theoretical, institutional, and historical factors that can help us understand the forces that create financial crises - with an emphasis on the crisis of 2007- 2008 - and the strengths and weaknesses of varying theoretical perspectives and policy approaches that have tried to comprehend and limit these financial tsunamis.
- Author BiographyGerald A. Epstein is Professor of Economics and a founding Co-Director of the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI) at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He received his PhD in Economics from Princeton University in 1981. Epstein has written articles on numerous topics including financial regulation, alternative approaches to central banking for employment generation and poverty reduction, and capital account management and capital flows. Martin H. Wolfson is the Director of the Higgins Labor Studies Program. He has taught economics at the University of Notre Dame since 1989. Before that, he was an economist at the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, D.C. His research investigates the effects on working people of financial markets, macroeconomic policy, globalization, and local economic development.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1456 g
- Width181 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byGerald A. Epstein,Martin H. Wolfson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.