All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining a basic history of philosophical thought with the often quirky personal stories of famous philosophers, this comprehensive introduction to the world of philosophy answers more than 1,000 questions, ranging from What was the Enlightenment? to Why did the Pythagorians avoid fava beans? Analysing the collective effort of philosophers throughout history in the pursuit of truth and wisdom, the guide explores the tangible significance of philosophical thought to modern society and civilisation as a whole. With a wide range of information suitable for various kwledge bases -- from junior high to junior college -- this is an ideal resource for anyone looking to get a better grasp of the history of thought.
- Author BiographyNaomi Zack, PhD, is a professor of philosophy at the University of Oregon who has also taught at the University at Albany and the State University of New York. She is the author of Inclusive Feminism, Philosophy of Science and Race, Thinking About Race, and Women of Color and Philosophy. She lives in Eugene, Oregon.
- Author(s)Naomi Zack
- PublisherVisible Ink Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationCanton, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVisible Ink Press
- Content Note1
- Weight811 g
- Width183 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.