All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hanged Man is the astonishing true story of a man surrounded by trauma and violence who is forced to become a superman in order to survive. The events that forge Ron Van Clief are brought on by harsh circumstances, fierce racism, and tragic choices, however Van Clief does t succumb to victimization. With an iron will, he becomes The Black Dragon the first black martial arts film star, and one of the greatest martial artists of all time. His determination to win - despite horrific odds-exacts a heavy toll and his life becomes a roller coaster ride with spectacular highs, devastating lows, and more than a few cliff-hangers. Ron's biography reads like a microcosm of the American experience in crisis. His father is so abusive that as a teenager Ron plots his murder. Only a few years later Ron is actually lynched by a gang of racists and left to die. In Vietnam he is forced to become a killing machine. On the Lower East Side of New York, drug lords try to gun down Ron and his child. He tears through countless unhappy relationships with women. He is by turns wealthy and homeless. There is serious damage inside, and one tragic loss still haunts him to this day. Despite these struggles, Ron miraculously attains excellence and fame being a man among men.
- Author BiographyRon Van Clief was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, served in the Marine Corp during the Vietnam war, is a five time world karate/kungfu champion and fifteen time all American champion, an international film star and a New York Times bestselling author. Mr. Van Clief currently resides in St. Thomas with his wife Simina and son Kai. Sparky Parks - It goes on and on and it never stops going until it does and then somehow the music keeps flowing to the edge of the mind where conscious creates the body and somewhere in time we try to relate to somebody. What's written thereafter is part of the story told to me by the Master. Past slips into memories of present to find one poised on the pinnacle of focus and harness the days go slow into seconds on the edge of life and death. We take our last breath.
- Author(s)Lance D Parks,Ron Van Clief
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.