All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThis New York Times bestselling legal thriller offers an inside view of a federal death penalty trial from the rare perspective of the presiding judge. When a drive-by shooting in Holyoke, Massachusetts, claims the lives of a drug dealer and a hockey mom volunteering at an inner-city clinic, the police arrest a rival gang member. With death penalty in Massachusetts, the US attorney shifts the double homicide out of state jurisdiction into federal court so he can seek a death sentence. The Horable David S. Norcross, a federal judge with only two years on the bench, w presides over the first death penalty case in the state in decades. He must referee the clash between an ambitious female prosecutor and a brilliant veteran defense attorney in a high-stress environment of community outrage, media pressure, vengeful gang members, and a romantic entanglement that threatens to capsize his trial t to mention the most dangerous force of all: the unexpected. Written by judge Michael Ponsor, who presided over Massachusetts s first capital case in over fifty years, The Hanging Judge explores the controversial issue of capital punishment in a dramatic and thought-provoking way that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It is a crackling court procedural (Anita Shreve) and gripping legal thriller (Booklist) perfect for fans of Scott Turow.
- Author BiographyMichael Ponsor graduated from Harvard College and Yale Law School.In 1994, President Bill Clinton appointed him a life-tenured US district judge.From 2000 to 2001, he presided over a five-month death penalty trial, the first in Massachusetts in over fifty years. Judge Ponsor continues to serve as a senior US district judge in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Western Division.The Hanging Judge, his first novel, is the winner of Massachusetts Bay s 2015 OneBook Prize.
- Author(s)Michael Ponsor
- PublisherOpen Road Media E-Riginal
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media E-Riginal
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width141 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.