The Happy Hook-up: A Single Girl's Guide to Casual Sex by Nicole Tocantins, Alexa Joy Sherman (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMindless fling, harmless hook-up, booty call, friends with benefits. Call it what you want, but let's be honest: more females than ever are choosing to stay single-and sleeping around has become an accepted, if t expected, part of the singles scene. But while casual sex is longer a girl's dirty little secret, it's t always as easy as it's often made out to be. In THE HAPPY HOOK-UP, two 30-something women who have done hard time in the casual sex trenches address the various issues that single women face before, during, and after hooking up. Using extensive interviews with a variety of experts, THE HAPPY HOOK-UP explores the physical, behavioral, and emotional issues that go along with doing the casual deed. Accompanying the authors' sardonic and sage advice is an array of entertaining and educational anecdotes from women who've hooked up and survived to share their enlightening tales. They shed light on such important issues as planning ahead (go easy on the alcohol-and the fiber), special engagements (celebrity screws; workplace whoopie), and the awkward moments after (the phone number exchange; breakfast in public). Featuring quizzes and checklists to gauge the reader's casual sex readiness as well as glimpses into getting lucky from the male perspective, THE HAPPY HOOK-UP looks at commitment-free fun from a smart and empowering perspective.A woman's guide to casual sex, featuring advice from relevant experts, vixens in the kw, and a few well-chosen guys. Appeals to the same sassy gals who watch Sex and the City, read Cosmo, and use Blue Q's Dirty Girl and Virgin/Slut beauty products. A recent U.S. study showed that almost 50 percent of adults have had a one-night stand.
- Author BiographyNICOLE TOCANTINS works as a production coordinator and reviewer at HITS (where she and Sherman met) and runs her own music supervision company. She is also a stellar comedic actress; her feature film work includes roles in The Opposite of Sex and Bounce, and her television credits include Seinfeld and Dharma and Greg. She lives in Los Angeles, California.Before ALEXA JOY SHERMAN became senior editor at Shape magazine, she worked at the popular teen magazine Jump. She spent six years in the music industry doing publicity and marketing for Capitol Records and working as senior editor at the trade magazine HITS. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Alexa Joy Sherman,Nicole Tocantins
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.