All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe artists in the Hardy family, Heywood, James, Frederick Daniel and several others, have always been popular with collectors. However, this is the first comprehensive assessment of their work, based on previously unpublished material and with illustrations of all their major paintings. Heywood Hardy was a remarkably versatile artist who did much to advance a more realistic portrayal of animals, landscapes, portraits and sporting scenes over a long and productive career from 1860 to 1927. His elder brother James Hardy junior became one of the most accomplished sporting artists of his day. And their cousin Frederick Daniel Hardy painted some of the most accurate and sympathetic pictures of life in country towns and villages. The book's author, Kimber Hardy, a descendant of the Hardy painters, has called upon a significant collection of letters and documents about the artists. His revealing, intelligent narrative on their lives and works provides engaging accompaniment to the wealth of colour reproductions featured in the book.
- Author BiographyDr Kimber Hardy has spent several years researching the nineteenth century artists in the Hardy family as part of a wider, lifelong interest in eighteenth- and nineteenth-century British art. Using largely unpublished material, much of it from family sources, he has pieced together the story of each artist. Their paintings have been thoroughly researched and an extensive collection of high quality images of their work has been assembled over the years. Dr Hardy's career has been in medical research - the molecular biology of disease and the discovery of novel therapeutics. He lives in Geneva, Switzerland, where he enjoys painting, sailing and walking in the Alps.
- Author(s)Kimber G. Hardy
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication26/10/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note206 colour, 79 b&w
- Width237 mm
- Height300 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.