All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Harlem Renaissance, an exciting period in the social and cultural history of the US, has over the past few decades re-established itself as a watershed moment in African American history. However, many of the African American communities outside the urban center of Harlem that participated in the Harlem Renaissance between 1914 and 1940, have been overlooked and neglected as locations of scholarship and research. Harlem Renaissance in the West: The New Negro's Western Experience will change the way students and scholars of the Harlem Renaissance view the efforts of artists, musicians, playwrights, club owners, and various other players in African American communities all over the American West to participate fully in the cultural renaissance that took hold during that time.
- Author BiographyBruce A. Glasrud is Professor Emeritus of History at California State University, East Bay, and retired Dean of the School of arts and Sciences at Sul Ross State University. Cary D. Wintz is Professor of History at Texas Southern University. Together Cary Wintz and Bruce Glasrud are the editors of African Americans and the Presidency (Routledge).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Directions in American History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBruce A. Glasrud,Cary D. Wintz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.