About this product
- DescriptionThe Haunted Bookshop is a suspenseful vel set in Brooklyn around the time of the end of World War I. It continues the story of Roger Mifflin, the book seller in Parnassus on Wheels.The title refers to the ghosts of the past that haunt all libraries and bookstores: the ghosts of all great literature. Throughout the vel Morley, through the character of Roger Mifflin, makes reference to the kwledge and wisdom that one can gain from literature. To the Booksellers Be pleased to kw, most worthy, that this little book is dedicated to you in affection and respect. The faults of the composition are plain to you all. I begin merely in the hope of saying something further of the adventures of Roger Mifflin, whose exploits in Parnassus on Wheels some of you have been kind eugh to applaud. But then came Miss Titania Chapman, and my young advertising man fell in love with her, and the two of them rather ran away with the tale.
- Author(s)Christopher Morley
- PublisherBottom of the Hill Publishing
- Date of Publication07/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBottom of the Hill Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.