All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Abbot of a Taoist Monastery is dead after delivering an ecstatic sermon. The monks call it a supernatural experience, but the judge calls it murder. Recalling the allegedly accidental deaths of three young women in the same monastery, Judge Dee seeks clues in the eyes of a cat to solve cases of impersonation and murder. A painting by one of the victims reveals the truth about the killings, propelling the judge on a quest for justice and revenge.
- Author BiographyRobert van Gulik (1910-67) was a Dutch diplomat and an authority on Chinese history and culture. His many works include sixteen Judge Dee mysteries, a study of the gibbon in China, and two books on the Chinese lute.
- Author(s)Robert Van Gulik
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/06/1997
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note10 line drawings
- Weight180 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.